Civil rights requirements for the distribution of Recovery Act funds: requirements of recipients and subrecipients
Recipients and sub recipients of Recovery Act funds or other federal financial assistance must comply with:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
- the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and
- Section 13 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act Amendments of 1972.
Other civil rights laws may impose additional requirements on recipients and sub recipients. These laws include, but are not limited to:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (prohibiting race, color, national origin, religion, and sex discrimination in employment),
- the Americans with Disabilities Act (prohibiting disability discrimination in employment and in services provided by state and local governments, businesses, and non-profit agencies), and
- any other applicable civil rights laws.