Healthy Schools - Healthy Children Conference
Due to the Federal Government shutdown, this conference will be rescheduled
Hosted by the School District of Philadelphia
Attend a free one-day training event hosted by the School District of Philadelphia and cosponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic. The training will focus on how school district personnel can take simple, low-cost steps to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) in schools while saving money, improving health, and decreasing student and staff absenteeism.
Date: To Be Determined
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. Conference begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. and lunch is sponsored by the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic
Location: School District of Philadelphia Education Center, 440 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Keynote Address: Claire Barnett, Executive Director, Healthy Schools Network, Inc. Coordinator, Coalition for Healthier Schools
(All attendees must register individually)
Due to the Federal Government shutdown, this conference will be rescheduled.
Attend this training to:
- Learn Theory & Application "for implementing IAQ action plans."
- Identify basic strategies and tools needed to develop a comprehensive IAQ management program.
- Interact with experts on environmental health and school facility management.
- Network with peers and learn from others who are addressing IAQ successfully.
- Prepare IAQ management plans and identify strategies for sustaining momentum for green and healthy schools in your district.
Topics to be Discussed:
- SAVE - Students Against Violating the Earth
- How to use the NIOSH Dampness and Mold Evaluation Tool
- Developing and Implementing a Proactive IAQ management plan
- Effectively Responding to IAQ Issues/Concerns
- Selecting and Using Green Products/Materials
- Chemical Management and Cleanout
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
- Integrated Pest Management
- Saving Money and Saving Energy While Preserving IAQ
- Getting Assistance and Recognition for Green and Healthier Schools
- Fresh Air: Optimal HVAC for Improved Health
Limited Travel Scholarships Available
For information, directions, accommodations please contact: Kevin M. Stewart via email at email@example.com or at 717-541-5864 ext. 36
For Additional Information Contact: Cristina Schulingkamp at 215-814-2086 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org