Mid-Atlantic Air Enforcement
Mid-Atlantic Region Air Enforcement Program Information
- Interactive Map of 2009 Enforcement Actions and Cases
- 2009 Region 3 Compliance and Enforcement Annual Results
- Recent Enforcement Actions
- Save Up to $15,000 in Penalties by Complying with EPA's Vapor Degreaser MACT Standard
Tip and Complaint Form - Do you suspect a company is violating the
Clean Air Act? Follow this link to register a complaint.
Air Enforcement Training Materials
- Mid-Atlantic Region Air Enforcement Statistics
- High Priority Violators Identified and Penalties Collected
This page provides a graphical summary of Clean Air Act high priority violators (HPVs) identified by state/local environmental agencies and EPA as well as penalties collected from these HPVs.
Links to air enforcement policies, guidance, and state and local agency enforcement statistics:
- National Enforcement Statistics
- Enforcement and Compliance History
Online (ECHO) Web Site
The ECHO website allows you to search for facilities to determine when the facility was inspected, whether violations have been detected at the facility, and enforcement actions taken there.
- General Clean Air Act Stationary Source Policies and Guidance (Link to EPA Headquarters)
- Timely and Appropriate Enforcement Guidance
This guidance became effective in the Fall of 1999 and is designed to help prioritize federal, state and local agency enforcement efforts with respect to sources of air pollution in their jurisdictions. The policy defines what violations of the Clean Air Act constitute a High Priority Violation.
- Important Note Regarding Facilities Listed as
High Priority Clean Air Act Violators by EPA, State or Local Agencies
- Clean Air Act Stationary Source Civil Penalty Policy (PDF, 331KB, 164 pages, info about PDF)
for Self-Policing: Discovery, Disclosure, Correction and Prevention of
EPA's Audit Policy
Other Useful Links:
- EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA)
- Enforcement Alert Newsletters
- Clean Air Act Policy and Guidance: The Air Policy Compendium
- Federal Register
Search for a Federal Register
- The Clean Air Act
- OAQPS Technology Transfer Network (TTN)
- U.S. EPA Office of Air and Radiation (Link to EPA HQ)
- The ACTIVE National Directory of Source Emissions Testing provides a list of firms throughout the U.S. that perform emissions stack testing.
The Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance, working in partnership with EPA Regional Offices, State Governments, Tribal Governments and other Federal agencies, ensures compliance with the nation's environmental laws.
Links to policy, guidance, and enforcement documents pertaining to the Clean Air Act