Energy Efficiency Tips and Energy Star
Products that carry the ENERGY STAR label meet high energy efficiency guidelines set by the federal government and still have all the features that make them attractive for your home or school. Learn how to make your school an Energy Star.
10 SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO CREATE A
BETTER, MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT WORLD!
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label when you go shopping for appliances, home electronics, office equipment, and heating and cooling equipment.
- Turn the lights off when you leave the room.
- Buy ENERGY STAR compact fluorescent light bulbs for frequently-used lights in your home.
- Shut the door behind you. Letting heated or cooled air out wastes energy.
- Turn on the ENERGY STAR power saver feature on your computer.
- Learn about how TV's with the ENERGY STAR label save energy.
- Seal the windows and doors in your home so air drafts can't get in or out around the edges.
- Check to see if you have an ENERGY STAR-labeled refrigerator. That's important because refrigerators use more electricity than any other appliance.
- Learn how to make your school an ENERGY STAR.
- Visit the Energy Star web site for more things you can do in your home to save energy.