Fort George G. Meade
EPA ID# MD9210020567
NPL Status: Final
Odenton, MD 20755
Anne Arundel County
Remedial Project Manager
State and Congressional Liaison
Administrative Record Locations
The detailed Administrative Record can be examined at the following locations:
FGGM Environmental Management Office Buildings
T-239 and T-249
Fort Meade, MD 20755
West County Area Public Library
1325 Annapolis Road
Odenton, MD 21113
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm
Click photo to enlarge.
1999: On April 19 - just in time for Earth Day 1999 - EPA opened its new $47 million science center at Fort George G. Meade. Attendees at the dedication event included, from left to right, the Honorable Romulo L. Diaz Jr., Assistant Administrator for Administration and Resources Management, EPA; Brigadier General Alan D. Johnson, Commanding General, Fort George G. Meade; the Honorable Sherri W. Goodman, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Environmental Security; Peter Robertson, EPA Deputy Administrator; Colonel John D. Frketic, Commander, U.S. Army Garrison, Fort George G. Meade; and W. Michael McCabe, EPA Regional Administrator.
1999: EPA Regional Administrator W. Michael McCabe and the Honorable Sherri W. Goodman, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Environmental Security, unveiled a plaque at the dedication ceremony of the EPA Science Center. Pictured above are (from left to right) Brigadier General Alan D. Johnson, Commanding General, Fort George G. Meade; McCabe; Congressman Steny Hoyer; Congressman Ben Cardin; Congressman Wayne Gilchrest; Goodman; Unidentifiable contractor; Sherry Sterling, EPA OPPTS; Unidentifiable contractor; and Pat Krantz, EPA Region III ESD.
1999: The Environmental Science Center is comprised of three areas: the Region 3 Lab Wing (pictured above), Administration, and the OPPTS Lab Wing.
- 03/21/2000: Public Health Assessments Completed
- 11/12/1999: Notice of partial deletion of the Tipton Army Airfield portion of the Fort George G. Meade Site from the National Priorities List
- 09/17/1999: Notice of Intent to Delete the Tipton Army Airfield portion of Fort George Meade Site, located in Fort Meade, Maryland, from the National Priorities List (partial site deletion) and Request for Comments
- 11/01/1999: Airport Transformed from Hazardous Site to Anne Arundel Asset
- 09/22/1999: Cleanup Complete at Tipton Army Airfield at Ft. Meade - Property Ready for Transfer to County for Commercial Flights
- 01/25/1999: EPA Declares Ft. Meade's Tipton Airfield Free of Hazardous Waste