Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Below you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding EPA Region 2 and the environment. Please click on the question to view the corresponding answer.
- What are the environmental issues affecting my state?
You can find comprehensive information and links about the environmental issues of New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands on our website. Please follow the links below for more information.
- Where can I learn more about Superfund sites?
It is important to stay informed on the current conditions of Superfund sites in your area. To learn about the sites within the region and near you, click here.
- Where can I find information on the EPA's work at the World Trade Center?
To learn about the EPA's continued efforts at the World Trade Center, click here.
- How can I stay informed about environmental issues and events at the EPA?
We have a variety of ways for you to stay informed. You can sign up for our e-mail newsletter or subscribe to our RSS news feed. You can visit our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter. Be sure to also visit our media center to listen to our latest podcast or view a featured video.
- What is "Green Construction" and where can I learn more about it?
Green Construction is an effort to build structures that are environmentally friendly and conserve energy. To learn about the EPA's contribution to Green Construction, click here.
- What is the EPA doing about cleaning up the Hudson River?
After many years of deliberation, the EPA has begun a six-year dredging project designed to remove contaminated sediment. To learn more about this project and others, visit our Hudson page. You can also go directly to our blog to learn more about the dredging project.
- Where can I find information about the environmental impact of the Passaic River?
To learn more about the Lower Passaic River Restoration Project, click here.
- Where can I find information about a specific environmental issue?
The Region 2 website hosts a large database of useful environmental information. To browse our site, visit our Subject Index.
- What is the EPA's involvement in Vieques Island?
- EPA added portions of Vieques Island, Puerto Rico to the Superfund National Priorities List (NPL) on February 11, 2005. For more information on the project, please click here.
- Where can I find quotes related to the environment?
To visit our popular "Environmental Quotes" page, click here.
- What is the EPA doing to further the environmental education?
We provide both Environmental Education and Youth Programs. To learn more about them, click here.
- I am a student and would like to learn more about the environment!
- Students can learn more about the environment and how they can involved in environmental awarenes by visiting our Students Page.