Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
On this page:
- Recent Graduates - Honors Attorney Fellowship
- Honors Attorney Fellowships in Other EPA Offices
- Law Clerks & Interns
No positions are currently available.
Recent Graduates - Honors Attorney Fellowship
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Pacific Southwest (Region 9), Office of Regional Counsel, is pleased to announce its 2015 Honors Attorney Fellowship. This fellowship is for up to a two-year term, and the fellow is expected to commit to the full term. The deadline to apply for the 2015 Fellowship is January 30, 2015. We anticipate the Fellowship will begin in July/August 2015.
The EPA Honors Attorney Fellowship is designed for a recent law school graduate who is a licensed attorney with excellent academic credentials and a strong interest in a career in environmental law or the public. It provides an opportunity for entry-level attorneys to practice law in a leading governmental environmental organization, and to receive extensive training in and exposure to environmental law and policy work in the public sector. The Region offers new attorneys significant responsibility, the opportunity to handle a complex caseload that includes enforcement and counseling work, and extensive training and mentoring from dedicated colleagues with recognized expertise. The Region offers a diverse and supportive work environment.
Please submit the following no later than January 30, 2015:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant's interest in the Fellowship.
- Resume, including significant accomplishments, work experience, law school class rank, contact telephone numbers, and e-mail address.
- Transcript of law school grades and documentation of graduation from an ABA accredited law school.
- Name, address and telephone numbers of 3 references, including a current or former employer and a law school professor or advisor.
- Proof of active bar membership and license to practice law in any State, U.S. Territory, Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia.
- Veterans Preference supporting documents, if applicable.
All applications should be submitted by email to: R9ORCHonors@epa.gov
Applications should include "2015 Fellowship Application" in the subject line of the message. Documents may be attached in Word or PDF formats. Selected applicants will be invited for interview(s). A writing sample will be required of each selected candidate prior to the interview.
For any questions, please send an email to R9ORCHonors@epa.gov with “Inquiry” in the subject line of the email.
For other information about the EPA Pacific Southwest regional office, please visit the Region 9 homepage on this website.
Veterans and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. If you qualify for veterans preference and want the Agency to consider that preference as a positive factor in reviewing your application, you must include in your application appropriate documentation such as DD214(copy 4), your VA letter, or Standard Form-15 (disabled veteran).
The salary will be at the GS-11 level (currently starting at $68,643). Full benefits are also provided. Relocation expenses are not authorized. This position is in the Excepted Service (and not in Competitive Service) and does not confer competitive status.
EPA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Honors Attorney Fellowships in Other EPA Offices
Other EPA Regional Counsel Offices and EPA Headquarter's Office of General Counsel may or may not have Honors Attorney Fellowship programs for 2014. See the links below for more information:
- EPA New England (Region 1, Boston) Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Mid-Atlantic (Region 3, Philadelphia) Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Upper Midwest (Region 5, Chicago), Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Pacific Northwest (Region 10, Seattle), Office of Regional Counsel
- EPA Headquarters (Washington, D.C.) Office of General Counsel
Law Clerks and Interns - UPDATED
Summer Law Clerks
We will not hire law clerks for summer 2015.
During the school year, we often accept law students as volunteer interns receiving credit in connection with a clinical program. EPA Region 9 ORC is not currently accepting applications for Fall 2015 interns.
|Region 9 NewsroomRegion 9 Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About Region 9A-Z Index|