Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Water & Energy Efficiency in Water and Wastewater Facilities
How will your facility upgrade to more energy efficient processes and equipment? How will managers and employees become energy efficient in all aspects of their job? Training in energy conservation is the answer. Such trainings raise awareness and outline opportunities for energy conservation for managers and employees.
Water can be conserved at homes and businesses to reduce the amount of water going to a wastewater treatment facility. Water can be saved through leak detection programs in the distribution lines. Water can be conserved at wastewater and water facilities through non-water or low-water use practices. And water can be reused before it is treated or discharged for treatment.
Where do you find training programs for managers and employees? Well, there are a number of options based on your state. Both the federal government and state governments as well as private vendors provide trainings in energy conservation. Some of the available trainings are listed below:
- EPA Energy Star
- EPA Energy Star training class (PDF) (1 pp, 54K, About PDF)
- EPA: Ensuring a Sustainable Future: An Energy Management Guidebook for Wastewater and Water Utilities (PDF) (113 pp, 3.4MB) About PDF)
- From 2008 to 2010, EPA Region 9 hosted Innovative Energy Management Workshops for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants in CA, AZ, NV and HI. Workshop Presentations
- The Department of Energy's Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) First Thursday Seminars are training opportunities targeting Federal energy, environmental, and fleet professionals offered at no cost by leading experts.
- Water Effective Utility Management
- U.S. Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program Best Practices Training
- PG&E's Pacific Energy Center
- SCE's Energy Centers
- Building Operator Certification - Energy Efficiency Through Operator Training
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||News & EventsCareers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|