Waste Site Cleanup & Reuse in New England
EPA's Brownfields Programs
EPA has a variety of programs to help assess, remediate, and restore brownfields sites to productive use and revitalize impacted neighborhoods.
- Assessment Grant Program
- Revolving Loan Fund Grant Program
- Cleanup Grant Program
- Job Training Grant Program
- EPA Targeted Brownfields Assessments
- State & Tribal Brownfields Funding
- Showcase Communities
All programs include the following features:
- Low risk petroleum contaminated sites are allowed
- Grant funds cannot be used for administrative costs.
Other EPA Redevelopment Initiatives.
EPA is involved with redevelopment in a number of ways. EPA offers financial assistance and additional resources for use in redeveloping and remediating properties.
- Superfund Redevelopment Initiative and Pilot Program
- RCRA Brownfields Prevention Initiative and Pilot Projets
- USTfields Initiative
- Smart Growth Initiative