Region 1: EPA New England
EPA New England Environmental Data Review Program
The regional Data Review Program Guidance supports the Region’s commitment to using scientifically sound and legally defensible data for environmental decision-making. The Data Review Program Guidance implements Agency policy and applies to all environmental programs including but not limited to Air, Water, Superfund, and Brownfield programs.
- EPA New England Environmental Data Review Supplement for Regional Data Review Elements and Superfund Guidance/Procedures (PDF) (105 pp, 1.5MB, about PDF)
The Supplement augments the Data Review Program Guidance with specifics for reviewing environmental data generated by or for the Region, and it includes updated Superfund data review procedures. The Supplement:
- Establishes the Superfund Contract Laboratory Program (CLP) National Functional Guidelines as the framework for Superfund data review,
- Incorporates the Guidance for Labeling Externally Validated Laboratory Analytical Data for Superfund Use (OSWER Directive No. 9200.1-85),
- Initiates the use of the CLP electronic deliverables and review using the Electronic Data Exchange and Evaluation System (EXES) and retains manual procedures,
- Introduces a new 2-Tiered graded review approach,
- Establishes a streamlined reporting format for the Data Review memo and Data Summary Tables and provides example Data Review Worksheets
- Updates the Performance Evaluation Sample (PES) ordering procedures using the national ordering form.
The regional data review guidance documents supersede the 1996 Data Validation Manual, Region 1 Functional Guidelines and all associated attachments including the Region I Tiered Organic and Inorganic Data Validation Guidelines, Region I CSF Completeness Evidence Audit Program, and the Region 1Performance Evaluation Program.
OSWER national program guidance including the National Functional Guidelines for Superfund Organic Methods Data Review, National Functional Guidelines for Inorganic Superfund Data Review and National Functional Guidelines for Chlorinated Dibenzo-p-Dioxins (CDDs) and Chlorinated Dibenzofurans (CDFs) Data Review are available at: http://www.epa.gov/superfund/programs/clp/guidance.htm
Questions may be directed to:
Vicki Maynard (Maynard.Vicki@epa.gov)
EPA New England Regional Laboratory
Quality Assurance Unit
11 Technology Drive
North Chelmsford, MA 01863-2431