Waste Site Cleanup & Reuse in New England
Hazardous waste sites that do not require a long-term cleanup process are considered short-term cleanups (also referred to as "removal actions"). Although the cleanup process for these sites may not be as lengthy as for long-term cleanups, these sites may still affect the health and environment of those who live near the site. There are three categories of short-term cleanups: classic emergencies, time-critical actions, and non-time critical actions.
One specific type of short-term cleanup is the site of an oil spill. Refer to a list of New England Oil Spill sites.
Find Out More About Short-Term Cleanups in New England
- View a Listing of all Short-Term Cleanup Sites
- Use Advanced Search to search all New England sites.
- Information is also available for ongoing or recently completed emergency response actions.
Sites in the Spotlight:
Stevens Textile (Franklin, NH)
- National Oil Services
(West Haven, CT)
River Asbestos (formerly Johns-Manville) (Nashua, NH)
- Landmark Farm and Garden
(North Haven, CT)
- Queen Street Dump (Boscawen,
- Surrette American Battery (Northfield, New Hampshire)