American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
This Web site will provide information about environmental projects administered by EPA in Region 4 (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and 6 Tribes) under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. We will provide information as it becomes available.
The Recovery Act provides funding for significant projects that will help clean our environment, and provide better environmental and public health protection to our citizens. EPA's portion of the plan will create green jobs that will also help clean contaminated land, produce cleaner drinking water and air quality, spur environmentally-conscious urban and rural re-development and reduce greenhouse gases.
Funding from the Recovery Act includes projects to clean up old abandoned properties called Brownfields, speed clean up work at Superfund sites, retrofit aging school buses with advanced equipment to reduce diesel emissions, assess and clean up underground storage tank leaks and improve water quality infrastructure.
- Brownfields: Grants funding will help community groups to evaluate and clean up former industrial and commercial sites.
- Clean Diesel Projects (Diesel Emissions Reduction): Grants will help regional, state and local governments, tribal agencies, and non-profit organizations with projects that reduce diesel emissions in south central communities.
- Water Projects (Clean Water State Revolving Fund and Drinking Water State Revolving Fund): Significant funding will assist communities with water quality and wastewater infrastructure needs and drinking water infrastructure needs. A portion of the funding will be targeted toward green infrastructure, water and energy efficiency, and environmentally innovative projects.
- Superfund Hazardous Waste Cleanup: Additional funding will help speed up the page of cleanup at targeted hazardous sites.
- Underground Storage Tanks: Additional funding will assist with the cleanup of petroleum leaks from underground storage tanks.
|Click on the link to view or download the video on your computer using your Windows Media Player (including captions). Use the navigation tools below the viewing screen to view online.|
|Download the Brunswick Video||Transcript of video||Download the Escambia Video||Transcript of video|
|Superfund ARRA remedial activities at Brunswick Wood Preserving, Brunswick, GA||ARRA Cleanup at Escambia Wood Treating Superfund Site, Pensacola, FL|