National Office Of External Affairs Links
Resources for middle and high school students.
Resources for teachers.
Environmental Education Grants
The Grants Program sponsored by EPA's Environmental Education Division (EED), Office of Children's Health Protection and Environmental Education, supports environmental education projects that enhance the public's awareness, knowledge, and skills to help people make informed decisions that affect environmental quality. EPA awards grants each year based on funding appropriated by Congress. Annual funding for the program ranges between $2 and $3 million. Most grants will be in the $15,000 to $25,000 range.
Region 4 Office of Public Affairs maintains a limited Speaker's Bureau. For more information please call 404-562-8327.
Multi Vision Integration to Action
A process to get your community involved in environmental concerns.
EPA Region 4 has created several useful centralized web-based toolkits to assist local governments, citizens, businesses and environmental regulators in identifying information to develop, evaluate, support, and/or expand programs in air quality, waste, revitalization projects, pollution prevention and water.
- Municipal Government Toolkit -The Municipal Government Toolkit (MGTK) was designed to provide the information and resources necessary for state and local governments to make successful recycling programs a reality. The MGTK is a compilation of fact sheets, case studies, recycling reports, and links to online tools aimed at helping you improve your community recycling program.
- Underground Storage Tank Toolkit -The Underground Storage Tank Toolkit was designed to provide the information and resources necessary for state and local governments to maintain their underground storage tank systems.
- Sustainable Design and Green Building Toolkit for Local Governments-This Toolkit is designed to assist local governments in identifying and removing permitting barriers to sustainable design and green building practices. It provides a resource for communities interested in conducting their own internal evaluation of how local codes/ordinances either facilitate or impede a sustainable built environment, including the design, construction, renovation, and operation and maintenance of a building and its immediate site.
Other Useful Resources
Providing the public with direct access to the wealth of information contained in EPA's databases.
Providing the public with access EPA's technical and general publications.
of the Environment
Commonly used environmental terms, acronyms and abbreviations within the Agency.
Environmental Education Partners Links
Southeast Environmental Education Alliance (SEEA) - The Southeast Environmental Education Alliance (SEEA) is a network of state affiliates of the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) located in the southeastern region of the U.S. Member states include AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, and TN.
Environmental Education in Alabama
League of Environmental Educators in Florida
Environmental Education in Georgia
Environmental Education in Kentucky
Environmental Education in Mississippi
- North Carolina
Office of Environmental Education
- South Carolina
Environmental Education in South Carolina
Environmental Education in Tennessee
Other State Environmental Education Links
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
The Office of Environmental Education seeks to cultivate and support environmental citizenship: the awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Florida's environment; and the capacity to think critically, and participate constructively in its protection. Together with other government agencies, non-profit organizations, the academe, and the private sector, the Office of Environmental Education contributes to the structure, program and funding of environmental education in Florida.
- Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet
The Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet (EPPC) is part of Kentucky's growing environmental education effort. This page describes the cabinet's diverse environmental education programs.
- Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality
Learn about various environmental programs or opportunities offered through MDEQ.
- North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources
The Office of Environmental Education supports and promotes quality environmental education throughout North Carolina.