RCRA Waste: Regulation, Cleanup, and Enforcement
Regional RCRA Information
- Enforcement and Compliance
- RCRA Permitting
- Corrective Action (RCRA) Cleanups
- Managing Solid Wastes
- Resource Conservation Challenge
- Cleanups in My Community
- Laws & Regulations
- RCRA Corrective Action
- Environmental Justice
- Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
- Organization Chart
- RCRA Public Notices
In Region 4, RCRA matters are handled by one of three Branches: the RCRA Programs and Materials Management Branch; the Restoration and Underground Storage Tanks Branch; or the RCRA Oil Pollution Act and Enforcement and Compliance Branch. The RCRA Programs and Materials Management Branch implements the EPA’s resource conservation and recycling initiatives, State authorization procedures, permitting of hazardous waste management facilities, and award of financial assistance. The Restoration and Underground Storage Tanks Branch protects the environment against releases of hazardous fuels and wastes by negotiating remedial measures for the clean-up of contaminants. The RCRA Oil Pollution Act and Enforcement and Compliance Branch inspects regulated facilities for compliance with RCRA regulations and provides compliance assistance, when appropriate. The federal regulations comprising the federal hazardous waste management program are found in 40 CFR Parts 260 through 299.
Region 4 State and Tribal Partners
The Region 4 Brownfields Program works closely with its State and Tribal partners to facilitate Brownfields cleanup and revitalization in the Southeast.
- Site Eligibility Forms: Phase 1 (Word: 25KB) Phase II (Word: 78KB)
- Targeted Brownfields Assessment Application (Word: 32KB)
Land Revitalization Yellow Pages
The Land Revitalization Yellow Pages serves as a resource for individuals and organizations interested in accessing federal agencies and that actively pursue brownfields solutions. The purpose of the Yellow Pages are to help local communities, organizations, states, tribes, and other interested parties identify federal programs which support land revitalization efforts and provide a single point of contact to facilitate use of these programs.
Land Revitalization Yellow Pages (PDF: 51 pp, 706.8KB)"
- Composting in the Southeast
- Electronic Wastes and eCycling
- Scrap Tire Management in the Southeast with state links
- RCRA Databases provide online and downloadable RCRA data.
- RCRA Permit Notices for current RCRA permit applications
- Permitting Contacts' phone numbers/email addresses for your general permit questions.
- Enforcement Contacts' phone numbers/email addressees for your general enforcement question.
- RCRA Division Quickplace - RCRA Employees Only (password required).