- Oak Creek, WI (Milwaukee County)
- EPA ID# WID981189632
- CERCLIS listing
- Alias(es): Allis Chalmers-Boerke
Community Involvement Coordinator
Heriberto León (firstname.lastname@example.org)
312-886-6163 or 800-621-8431, ext. 66163
Remedial Project Manager
312-886-6312 or 800-621-8431, ext. 66312
(where to view written records)
8620 South Howell Avenue
Oak Creek, WI 53154
Prior to the 1940s, a portion of the site measuring approximately one-quarter acre served as a disposal area for arsenic wastes from an adjacent dye manufacturing facility located on the property directly north of the Boerke site. Results of investigations conducted by DuPont in the mid-1980s revealed that high levels of arsenic were present in several areas: disposal area soils; sediment in an adjacent wetland; and sediment in portions of a drainage swale that extends from the wetland to the north along the property boundary to Lake Michigan.
In December 1994, at the request of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), U.S. EPA performed a site investigation to determine the need for U.S. EPA assistance and cleanup. After collecting and analyzing a limited number of soil and sediment samples at various locations on the site, U.S. EPA determined that the site posed a potential threat to human health and the environment and that a cleanup was needed.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Proposed Plan for Cleanup of the Boerke Site (PDF) (10pp, 341KB) September 2009
- Introducing the Boerke Site (PDF) (4pp, 822KB) July 2000
- Enforcement Action Memorandum (PDF) (13pp, 840K) April 2002
- Enforcement Action Memorandum (PDF) (18pp, 594KB) March 1995
- Record of Decision (PDF) (pp, size) Month YYYY
- Administrative Order on Consent (AOC) (PDF) (36pp, 1.87M) February 2003
- Administrative Order on Consent (AOC) (PDF) (35pp, 1.98M) September 1995