- Detroit, MI (Wayne County)
- EPA ID# N/A
- Alias(es): Fed Mogul
- Map (PDF) (1pp, 226KB)
Community Involvement Coordinator
Don de Blasio email@example.com
312-886-4360 / cell 312-343-6666, 800-621-8431 ext. 64360
(where to view written records)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency conducted recent sampling of residential yards next to the former Federal-Mogul property in Detroit. The sampling found lead levels on 10 properties greater than what health experts consider safe.
From 1925 to the 1970s, an industrial facility operated at 11031 Shoemaker St. Several companies including Federal-Mogul Corp., Bower Bearing Manufacturers and Ernst Realty Co./Ernst Fuel & Supply did manufacturing at the site.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
October 2012 Update
To fix the lead problem next spring, EPA is proposing to remove 1 to 2 feet of yard soil and replace it with clean soil. Over the winter, EPA will be preparing plans for the cleanup, asking residents to give EPA permission to be on their property, checking utility lines and securing the necessary funding to complete the project.
- Public Meeting Planned For Lead Cleanup Project (PDF) (1pp, 67KB) Oct. 2012
- Polrep #2 (PDF) (5pp, 41KB) May 3, 2013
- Polrep #1 (PDF) (4pp, 29KB) April 18, 2013
- Community Involvement Plan (PDF) (21pp, 163KB) January 2013
- Nov. 2, 2012 Community Meeting presentation (PDF) (9pp, 512KB) Nov. 2012