Pristine Inc. Superfund Site
Community Involvement Coordinator
Patricia Krause (firstname.lastname@example.org)
312-886-9506 or 800-621-8431, ext. 69506, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST
Remedial Project Manager
312-886-4904 or 800-621-8431, ext. 64904
(where to view written records)
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
10980 Thornview Drive
Cincinnati, Ohio 45241
Pristine Inc. site is located in the city of Reading, in the greater Cincinnati area and is a former liquid waste disposal facility closed in 1981. There were many chemicals of concern at the site. Selected cleanup included demolition and removal of all on-site structures; digging up and containing contaminated soil and sediment; incinerating contaminated soil and sediment; pumping and treating ground water; and ground water monitoring and restricting access to property. Cleanup for the site was divided into four phases: demolition phase, soil treatment phase, construction phase, and ground water treatment phase. More information in the Superfund NPL Factsheet for this site
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA has modified its 1990 and 1987 cleanup decisions for the Pristine, Inc. site and the changes are in a document called Explanation of Significant Difference (PDF) (40pp, 1.69MB) and include:
- Updating ground water cleanup standards in accordance with EPA policy.
- Deleting contaminants that are not longer of concern at the site.
- Demonstrating that the level of risk for exposure to contaminants in soil is below a certain threshold.
Five-Year Review Reports
- Third Five-Year review (PDF) (64pp, 1.7MB) September 2006
- Second Five-Year review (PDF) (28pp, 339K) September 2001
- First Five-Year review (PDF) (4pp, 76K) May 1997
- Explanation of Significant Difference (PDF) (40pp, 1.69MB) 2011
- Record of Decision - Demolition (PDF) (13pp, 28K) 1990
- Record of Decision (PDF) (24pp, 51K) 1988
- 1997 - Administrative Order (PDF) (16pp, 478K)
- 1992 - Consent Decree (PDF) (34pp, 1.0MB)
- 1989 - Consent Decree (PDF) (84pp, 2.9MB)