Tuchman Cleaners Site
- Indianapolis, IN (Marion County)
- EPA ID# INN000510530
- Alias: Keystone Corridor Site
Community Involvement Coordinator
Janet Pope (firstname.lastname@example.org)
312-353-0628 or 800-621-8431, ext.30628
Marion County Health Department
Jeff Larmore (email@example.com)
312-353-9298 or 800-621-8431, ext. 39298
The Tuchman Cleaners Site is located at 4401 N. Keystone Avenue in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, 46205. The Site is located in an area that is commercial and residential. Approximately 10,000 people live within one mile of the Site. The Fall Creek well field is less than ¼ mile from the Site. Fall Creek, a major tributary to the White River, is located approximately 500 feet south of the Site.
Tuchman Cleaners operated as a dry cleaner at the Keystone facility beginning in 1953 until 2008 when the parent company declared bankruptcy. Prior to the construction of the dry cleaning facility, the property was an empty lot. The Site is currently vacant.
In 2002, the URS Corporation (URS) conducted a site assessment and began remediation at Tuchman Cleaners for the former owner. URS's historical data documented volatile organic compound (VOC) contamination on Site, including the chlorinated solvents tetrachloroethene (PCE) and trichloroethene (TCE), in soil and groundwater. PCE was detected in near-surface soil (1 foot below ground surface (bgs)) at a maximum concentration of 2,400 milligrams per kilogram (mg/kg) (Administrative Record [AR] No. 6).
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA is continuing to conduct vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation in residential areas near Tuchman cleaners. This aspect of the removal action is expected to continue through September 2014.
- EPA Plans Urgent Cleanup at Former Dry Cleaners (PDF) (2 pp, 116K) September 2012
- Community Postcard (PDF) (1pp, 211KB) February 2013
- Vapor Intrusion Fact Sheet (PDF) (2 pp, 162KB) August 2012
- Community Involvement Plan (PDF) (29pp, 3.5MB) November 2012
- Tuchman Cleaners Site Assessment Report, Revision 01 (PDF) (76 pp, 3.5MB) August 2012
- Action Memo (PDF) (33 pp, 2.8MB) August 2012