- Regional Hearing Clerk
- Public Notices
- Federal Facilities
- Small Business Compliance & Enforcement
- (national link) Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Injunctive Relief (IR)
- Self-Disclosures, Environmental Audit Policies and Laws
Data & Information Systems
- Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO) is an information tool that gives direct access to EPA and state compliance information of more than 800,000 regulated facilities nationwide, for facilities regulated under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act. Data reports are updated monthly and cover a two-year period.
State & Tribal partners
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA)
- Illinois Pollution Control Board
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM)
- Indiana Department of Natural Resources
Federal facilities are defined as the "buildings, installations, structures, land, public works, equipment, aircraft, vessels, and other vehicles and property owned by or constructed or manufactured and so leased to, the Federal government". The Federal Facility Compliance Act requires that Federal facilities comply with all applicable Federal, State, interstate, and local solid and hazardous waste requirements and provides EPA and States with authority to assess fines and penalties against Federal facilities. An objective of the Federal Facilities Program is to accomplish a level of environmental compliance at Federal facilities which at least equals, if not surpasses, that of the private sector.
FedCenter is a Federal Facilities Environmental Stewardship and Compliance Assistance Center. The Federal government's home for comprehensive environmental stewardship and compliance assistance information.
Federal Facilities Program Managers
Each EPA region has a Federal Facilities Program Manager (FFPM) who serves as the primary regional point of contact for Federal Facility environmental managers. The FFPMs' endeavors encompass the twin disciplines of enforcement and compliance assistance.
Small Business Compliance & Enforcement
Resources to help small businesses learn about environmental compliance
- EPA Small Business Gateway
- EPA Small Business Ombudsman
- Small Business Compliance Policy (PDF) (18pp, 81K, About PDF) May 2000
- EPA Small Business Topic Page
- EPA Small Business Resources (PDF) (2pp, 41K About PDF)
- Small Business Questions & Answers
- Compliance Assistance Centers
- The Small Business Environmental Home Page
- Publications and Fact Sheets
Take advantage of the Small Business Compliance Policy that promotes environmental compliance among small businesses by providing incentives to discover and correct environmental problems.
Region 5 contact for the Small Business Compliance Policy: Mark Messersmith (firstname.lastname@example.org) 312-353-2154