Jump to main content.
- Community Resource Guide: Grant Programs, Technical Assistance, and Tools for Communities, December 2014 (PDF) (11 pp, 1.79MB, About PDF)
- Community Resource Brochure: Grant Programs, Technical Assistance, and Tools for Communities, September 2014 (PDF) (2 pp., 1.22MB, About PDF)
- Community and Tribal Grant Program Catalog: Summary of Available EPA Region 7 Grant Programs, August 2011 (PDF) (29 pp, 754K, About PDF)
- Agriculture -- Partnerships and projects with the agriculture community, emphasizing cleaner air, purer water and better protected land.
- Brownfields -- Find out where Brownfields initiatives are taking place near you. Also get information on liability, cleanup issues, and laws.
- Chemical Risk -- These programs provide information to help better understand the chemicals in our communities and their potential risks, and provide support and resources for regulating agencies and businesses.
- Children's Health -- Provides information on protecting children from environmental health risks, major concerns for children in Region 7, and the Region's pediatric environmental health specialty unit, as well as helpful national links.
- Clean School Bus Program -- The goal of Clean School Bus USA is to reduce both children's exposure to diesel exhaust and the amount of air pollution created by diesel school buses.
- Community Action for a Renewed Environment (CARE) Program -- Provides information on this grant program that helps communities build their local environmental capacity, including helpful resources and links, past projects, and contacts.
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) -- Information on agricultural operations where animals are kept and raised in confined situations.
- Consent Agreements and Final Orders (Administrative actions) -- A list of all Region 7 administrative settlements in cases brought by the EPA against businesses, private parties and municipalities.
- Consent Decrees (Judicial actions) -- A list of all judicial settlements in cases brought by the EPA against businesses, private parties and municipalities.
- Ecycling--Recycling of electronic products
- Environmental Finance Center (Wichita State University) - Provides financial outreach assistance to small communities, tribes, businesses and organizations.
- Environmental Justice Program -- Explore what the program is about and what can be done in your region.
- EPA Terms -- Environmental terms with definitions, also abbreviations and acronyms.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) -- This link provides information about public access to records, as well as your rights and limitations to certain records.
- Electronic Reading Room -- Before making your request under the FOIA, make sure the information you seek is not already available to the public.
- Grants and Funding -- Regional Grants Information.
- Healthy Homes -- Provides information on the Healthy Homes Community Initiative, where EPA Region 7 partners with Kansas City area organizations to help the community address the health and environmental concerns within the home.
- Home Helps [PDF] (9 pp, 328 KB) -- Strategies for personal comfort, staying healthy
and saving money, while helping the environment.
- Indoor Air -- General information on asthma, mold, secondhand smoke and indoor air quality schools programs.
- Information Resources -- Public information on EPA publications, databases, and Internet resources.
- Land Revitalization and Reuse -- A variety of information about revitalizing land by restoring contaminated sites to productive use.
- Lead Poisoning Prevention -- Lead-based paint hazards, renovation of older homes.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) -- Compliance review for special appropriation grants to construct water or wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Omaha Lead Site
- Pollution Prevention (P2) -- The links below contain information about P2, awards received, and success stories.
- Resource Conservation Challenge: a national initiative to find flexible, more protective ways to conserve natural resources through waste reduction and energy recovery.
- Schools - Provides information on Clean, Green and Healthy Schools, including many programs and resources to help prevent and resolve environmental issues in schools.
- Science and Technology Center (Laboratory) -- Provides information on the Region 7 Laboratory and its critical role in protecting people's health and the environment, its environmental features and capabilities, and how to schedule tours.
- Solid Waste - Non-hazardous Trash or Garbage from homes and businesses. Information on waste reduction, recycling and landfills.
- State Assistance for Small Communities (PDF) (44 pp, 321K About PDF) -- A Compendium of state assistance programs for small communities in Region 7.
- Sustainable Skylines -- Provides information on this locally-led, EPA-supported, public-private partnership to reduce air emissions and promote sustainability in urban environments. Kansas City was chosen as one of its first pilot communities.
- Toxics - What you should know about toxins including chemical risk information, state office contacts, and more.
- Trash -- See solid waste.
- Wichita State University Environmental Finance Center - Provides financial outreach assistance to small communities, tribes, businesses and organizations.
Jump to main content.