Deseret Power Final Federal PSD Permit
On August 30, 2007, EPA Region 8 issued the final federal Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permit for a new coal-fired electrical generating unit at Deseret Power's Bonanza power plant, on the Uintah & Ouray Indian Reservation in Utah.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Final Permit (PDF, 38 pp, 344K)
- Statement of Basis (PDF, 184 pp, 767K)
- Response to Public Comments (PDF, 113 pp, 539K)
- The Administrative Record: all supporting documents are found on the publicly accessible Region 8 Deseret ftp folder.
Note: if you get a "Page cannot be displayed" error when opening a PDF file in the Deseret ftp folder, hit the Back button to go back to this folder. Then, in Internet Explorer, go to Tools-->Internet Options, and click on the Connections tab. Then, in the lower right, click on LAN Settings and uncheck the box that says "use a proxy server for your LAN".
UPDATE: This permit has been appealed, and EPA's Environmental Appeals Board has issued a decision on the appeal. View the decision.
- For Region 8-specific information or questions, please call 800-227-8917.
- For technical problems with the Web page, please contact Tim Davis at 303-312-6531.
Below are the draft federal PSD permit documents that were made available during the public comment period: