Environmental Justice Training
Grant Writing Workshops
"No group of people should shoulder a disproportionate share of pollution." This is the concept behind environmental justice and the focus of the Environmental Protection Agency grant program that targets funds to minority and low-income communities.
The Environmental Justice program periodically hosts grant writing workshops throughout Region 8. If your organization would like to work with us to sponsor a grant writing workshop in your area, please contact April Nowak (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 303-312-6528.
The workshop would focus on understanding the grants process; writing an effective proposal; determining types of projects suitable for EJ grants; and completing the grant application package.
Community and grassroots organizations are encouraged to attend, as well as 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, community development organizations, minority community groups, tribal and indigenous groups, and state and local governments.
Groups and organizations encouraged to attend:
- Non-profit organizations 501(c)(3)
- Minority community groups
- Community and grassroots organizations
- Tribal and indigenous groups
- Community development organizations
- State and local governments
- Faith-based organizations
- Academic institutions
Web-based Online Courses
- Course #OEJ901: Introduction to Environmental Justice
- Course #OEJ903: Toolkit for Assessing Potential Allegations of Environmental Injustice
- Course #OEJ904: Incorporating Environmental Justice Considerations into RCRA Permitting
Description: The training is designed to give the student an understanding the definitions of Environmental Justice, Executive Order 12898, examples of allegations of injustice, the history of the Environmental Justice movement, how EPA can respond to environmental injustices, the use of GIS mapping tools, the availability of other tools and resources, and how to apply the principles of environmental justice to their decision-making processes.
Register at: www.netionline.com