Region 8 Environmental Information Service Center
Region 8 Library Pages
On this page
- How can we help?
- EISC Customer service
- Phone and E-Mail Inquiries
- Drop-in Visitors
- Photos of the EISC
- How to contact or find EISC
It can be difficult finding the right person to speak to about a specific environmental question. That's why EPA Region 8 created an Environmental Information Service Center (EISC) in 1993.
The EISC Information Specialists process numerous phone and e-mail inquiries per month from the entire United States.
Questions answered by the specialists pertain to the following topics:
- Drinking water
- Environmental grants
- Green products and services
- Household hazardous wastes
- Indoor and outdoor air quality
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Pollution prevention
- Superfund sites - and
- Vehicle emissions.
The EISC takes pride in its customer service. Inquiries are received via telephone, e-mail requests, and drop-in visitors. Whether you're in need of an expert at EPA, a website address, a hotline number, or a contact in a state or local government agency, EISC can help you find the resource or answer. We are always interested in your comments regarding our customer service so that we can serve you better.
Here are some examples of the types of questions EISC receives:
- The ceiling in my house contains 8 percent asbestos. Is this a problem?
- Who can help me with an environmental issue on Tribal land?
- Can you advise me on how to start an eco-friendly business?
- How can I get my home tested for radon?
- I want to import a vehicle into the USA. Whom must I contact?
- What is the current allowable level of arsenic in drinking water?
The EISC is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Mountain Time), excluding federal government holidays.
- Maintain an extensive directory of EPA, state, and local government agency contacts, and
- Can answer the question or direct the caller to the appropriate person or agency;
- Process numerous inquiries per month from concerned citizens, students, university faculty, and other government agencies;
- Respond to e-mail requests from the EPA Region 8 states and from locations anywhere within or outside the U.S., and
- Strive to ensure that all e-mail inquiries are responded to within 48 hours.
Drop-in visitors are greeted by EPA Information Specialist after passing through the security screening, and signing in at the front desk. Access to the Center is available on Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m (MT). (This excludes federal government holidays.) Visitors are welcome to free EPA publications in the EISC visitor center on the first floor and at the Region 8 Technical Library on the second floor.
View of the EISC from the atrium:
View of the EISC's interior space:
US EPA Region 8
1595 Wynkoop St
Denver, CO 80202-1129
Local phone: 303-312-6312
PLEASE NOTE: 8OC-EISC is the internal mailcode for EPA Region 8 EISC. Therefore, when sending mail to a specific person or department within EPA Region 8, please include the internal mailcode for the specific person or department you'd like the mail to reach. If you are uncertain of the internal mailcode to use, please call EISC for assistance.