For proper use of pesticides in Region 8, contact the nearest state Department of Agriculture or Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service for information regarding pesticide specialized training, and always read the labels.
Following are additional sources to check for information on controlling pests, pesticide products, restricted-use pesticides, re-registration and special review, or cancellation and suspension:
- EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs provides general information on applying for registration of pesticides in the United States.
- Pesticides are assessed under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act and the Food Quality Protection Act. For information on these pesticides, search the Code of Federal Regulations for Notice & Tolerance Reassessment.
- EPA provides additional Resources for Pest Management.
- Acceptable properly registered bear deterrents in the United States.
- Information about pesticides used as treated wood preservatives.
For additional information or assistance, please contact:
Peg Perreault (email@example.com)
800-227-8917 ext. 6286 (toll free Region 8 only)