Information and Training Links
- Air Pollution Training Institute offers training for air pollution professionals.
- EPA Enforcement & Compliance Online (ECHO) allows you to search for compliance inspection data within your community.
- EPA Envirofacts Warehouse search EPA databases for information about hazardous waste, toxic chemical releases, air releases, Superfund sites, and water discharge permits.
- Tribal Training lists water workshops and training courses.
- National Enforcement Training Institute (NETI) offers training for Tribal lawyers, inspectors and technical personnel in environmental enforcement.
- Science and American Indians contains a wide range of information gathered from traditional tribal knowledge, analytical science and integrated approached to science by tribes, EPA and other federal agencies and tribal organizations.
- STORET (short for STOrage and RETrieval) offers information and training on EPA's largest computerized environmental data system.
- Tribal Air Quality is Region 10's huge tribal air program website with information on grant workplans, monitoring, emissions inventories, training, etc.
- Tribal Science Council is a national forum for tribes and EPA to set environmental science priorities and design solutions.
- Tribal Pesticide Program contains water quality and pesticide training, meetings and workshops.
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienist (ACGIH) has a calendar of scheduled training courses.
- American Indian Health, National Library of Medicine, a part of the National Institutes of Health, provides an information portal for American Indian or Alaskan Native health concerns.
- ATSDR Office of Tribal Affairs provides information about tribal services, resources and activities at the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.
- Healthfinder provides a health-question search engine for American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- Indigenous Environmental Network provides health and environmental information on everything from energy to POPs.
- Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) offers training workshops in air, wastewater and solid waste.
- National Environmental Services Center (NESC) has information on drinking water, wastewater, solid waste and environmental training. They publish Small Flows Quarterly, Pipeline, On Tap and an environmental training newsletter called E-train.
- National Tribal Air Association (NTAA) has lots of information on air projects, events and policy updates.
- Native Nations Institute offers leadership and management training courses.
- Training Exchange (TRAINEX) has solid and hazardous waste cleanup and emergency response training information.
- Tribal Air Monitoring Support (TAMS) Center, part of Northern Arizona University, offers air training.
- Water Environment Federation offers a bookstore, online library and workshops on water quality and wastewater.
If you are looking for information on Tribal Inspector Training, please read this September 30, 2004 Memorandum (PDF, 97 pp, 1.4MB, About PDF ). There are currently two websites with training information for Tribal Inspectors: the National Enforcement Training Institute (NETI) offers both basic and advanced Inspector Training courses and the Institute of Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP) also offers occasional inspector training courses.
This page is ever changing, so check back periodically for new links. If you have a link you would like to see on this page, please send it to Jennifer Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org).