Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Federal Facility Web Page Submittal and Compliance Screen
Please complete the following for your facility, and return to Larry Woods, Federal Facilities Coordinator, via email at email@example.com. Contact Larry Woods at (415) 972-3857 if you have any questions, or would like further information.
- Cover letter (in pdf. format) to address compliance should include:
- “As the responsible official of ______________ facility/installation, I certify that this facility/installation is in compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental laws to the best of my knowledge."
- “I would consider it appropriate for this facility/installation to participate in a recognition program.” and,
- “To the extent that this facility/installation has been issued any formal notices of violations (identify media program in question), we are in active discussions to resolve this matter and we can provide more specifics on the status upon your request." (only if enforcement issue is applicable)
We recognizing that compliance with environmental regulatory requirements is a fundamental responsibility of Federal agencies and Federal employees at all levels. Each submittal will be subject to a review of your facility/installation environmental compliance status. This process will include consideration of information in the Environmental Protection Agency's Online Tracking Information System (OTIS).
Your submittal should confirm that the compliance information in the OTIS system for the relevant facility/installation has been reviewed and concurs with the information presented. If you believe that the compliance information available on the OTIS System is, or is not, correct please note this in your submittal.
Guidelines for web page inclusion - measurable environmental benefits, and
one or more of the following criteria:
- Innovation that accelerates implementation or goes beyond the requirements of the federal Executive Order 13514, Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Economic Performance,
- Collaboration with other governmental, non-governmental or community-based organizations to improve decision-making on environmental and sustainability challenges,
- Implementation of a project or program that provides cost savings for the government, while demonstrating measurable environmental benefits,
- Implementation of a program/activity that can be replicated or widely shared with other governmental organizations
- measurable environmental benefits demonstrated by (average savings per year1):
- green energy generated/reduced energy use (MWh),
- waste reduction/diversion/recycled/composted (tons),
- water saved/recycled (gallons), and
- cost savings/avoidance (dollars).
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|