Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Links to Related Information
On this page:
The federal government's home for comprehensive environmental stewardship and compliance assistance information.
- EPA's National Federal Facilities Enforcement Office
As part of EPA's Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA), the Federal Facilities Enforcement Office (FFEO) is responsible for ensuring that federal facilities take all necessary actions to prevent, control and abate environmental pollution.
- Office of the Federal Environmental Executive
Information on implementation of EMSs and environmental considerations within the federal government.
- Environmental Management System - is a set of processes and practices that enable an organization to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency. This Web site provides information and resources related to EMS for businesses, associations, the public, and state and federal agencies.
- Green Suppliers - By partnering with the Green Suppliers Network, you will learn lean manufacturing techniques coupled with sound environmental strategies, which we call the Lean and Clean Advantage
- Green Meetings - Whether you are a meeting host, planner or service supplier, you can use this site to find the tips, tools and resources to make environmentally responsible choices.
- Yellow Book; EPA's "Guide to Environmental Enforcement and Compliance at Federal Facilities" (PDF) (362 pp, 2.3MB About PDF) A complete overview of enforcement and compliance at federal facilities.
- EO 13423
“Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management.”
- Executive Order 13514
“Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance.”
- Compressive Procurement Guidelines
The Comprehensive Procurement Guideline (CPG) program is part of EPA's continuing effort to promote the use of materials recovered from solid waste. Buying recycled-content products ensures that the materials collected in recycling programs will be used again in the manufacture of new products.
- EnviroFacts Data Warehouse
Retrieve environmental information pertaining to your area.
- Enforcement and Compliance History Online
Enforcement and Compliance History Online (ECHO) is a Web-based tool that provides public access to compliance and enforcement information for approximately 800,000 EPA-regulated facilities.
- Environmental Justice Geographic Assessment Tool
Provides information relevant to assessing adverse health or environmental impacts, aggregate or cumulative impacts, unique exposure pathways, vulnerable or susceptible populations, or lack of capacity to participate in decision making process among other conditions.
Trying to figure out how all that recycling and energy conservation saves trees and reduces green house gasses? Try one of these calculator web sites to help you tell your story.
- Energy Calculators (US DOE)
- Climate Change Emissions Calculator
- Recycling Calculator (WAste Reduction Model (WARM)
- Recycled Content Calculator (Recycled Content (ReCon) Tool)
- Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator
- Energy Star Calculators (US DOE)
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|