Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
FY2013 Grant Funding Announcement
Indian Environmental General Assistance Program
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 9, invites Indian Environmental General Assistance Program grant proposals from federally recognized tribal governments and eligible intertribal consortia for FY2014 work plan program development activities. The goal of the GAP is to assist tribes in developing the capacity to plan and establish environmental protection programs and to develop and implement solid and hazardous waste programs in accordance with their individual needs.
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Number for the GAP is 66.926.
|Funding Announcement posted to Tribal Program Website||Oct. 22, 2012|
|Grant Proposals must be submitted in GAP Online* by||Dec. 12, 2012|
|Guidance Letters with approved funding amounts and workplan comments mailed to applicants beginning on||Mar. 14, 2013|
|Full Applications with Revised Workplans are due on or after
as stated in the Region 9 Guidance Letter
|Apr. 17, 2013**|
|Grant Awards will be made not later than||Sept. 30, 2013|
|Funding is jeopardized if materials are received after the due dates.
*Exceptions to the GAP Online submission are made for applicants with Performance Partnership Grants, these applicants should contact their Project Officer for more information.
**Written notice of approved funding amounts and application due dates may be adjusted, pending R9’s receipt of a final GAP funding allocation from EPA Headquarters Office.
- Supplemental Projects: Please submit supplemental GAP projects simultaneously with the original GAP proposal. Examples of supplemental projects are dump closures, asset protection activities, and one time capital expenditures. Contact your project officer for more information.
- Video Conferencing and One Time Equipment Purchases: Attachment E includes a description of video conferencing. For equipment purchases, please review new attachment and complete the forms necessary in order to purchase equipment.
- GAP Notification Changes Annually: This document invites applications for funding under the Indian General Environmental Assistance Program for workplans covering FY 2013-2014; most applicants will receive funding under this announcement from October of 2013 through September of 2014. Please read this document (60 pp, 400K) carefully, as there may be changes from previous GAP notifications. Future GAP notifications will be updated to reflect evolving policies, procedures, priorities, and program guidance.
Full Text Announcement (PDF) (9 pp, 350K)
Contents of Full Text Announcement
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Adobe Reader.
- Background and Program Description
- Funding Amount Available
- Eligible Recipients
- Environmental Measures and Results
- Eligible Activities
- Proposal Process
- Proposal Content
- Narrative Discussion
- Work plan
- Budget Breakdown
- Government Endorsement
- Proposal Review Factors
- Funding Priorities
- Funding Decision Notifications/Guidance Letters
- Proposal Content
- Final Application Process
- Performance Partnership Grants
- Award Administration
- Agency Contacts
- Coverpage (PDF) (1 pp, 200K)
- Grant Notification (PDF) (9 pp, 350K)
- Attachment A — Sample GAP Activities (PDF) (8 pp, 300K)
- Attachment B — Guidelines for GAP Asset Protection for Drinking Water, Source Water Assessment, and Wastewater Programs (PDF) (1 pg, 75K)
- Attachment C — Solid Waste (PDF) (2 pp, 100K)
- Attachment D — Linking Housing, Transportation, Infrastructure, and Land Use Plans (PDF) (1 pg, 200K)
- Attachment E — One-Time Equipment Purchase, Video/Web Conferencing Equipment (PDF) (2 pp, 200K)
- Attachment F — GAP Work Plan Information and Quarterly Progress Reporting
(PDF) (1 pg, 100K)
- Attachment G — Budget Breakdown Sample (PDF) (2 pp, 200K)
- GAP Online User Guide (PDF) (50 pp, 2.1M)
- Attachment H — GAP Online Background Information (PDF) (1 pg, 150K)
- Attachment I — Tribal Program Office GAP Project Officer Contact List (PDF) (1 pg, 300K)
|Region 9 NewsroomRegion 9 Programs||Grants & Funding US-Mexico Border||Media Center Careers||About Region 9A-Z Index|