Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, 148 Tribes
- List of Tribes in the Pacific Southwest
- Climate Change & Energy Use
- EPA's American Indian Environmental Office
- Indian General Assistance Program (GAP) Online
- National Tribal calendar of events
- Tribal information for other EPA regions
- American Indian Tribal Portal
- Treatment in the Same Manner
as a State
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Adobe Reader.
EPA Funding for Tribes: Modesto Bee: $43 Million for Southwest Tribes
23nd Annual Tribal/EPA Conference
This year marks the 23nd anniversary of the Annual Tribal/EPA Conference. For the past 23 years, the annual conference has been an important opportunity for partnership and ongoing collaboration between Tribes, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and other federal, state, and local agencies. The Tribal/EPA conference will be held in Reno, NV on October 27—29, 2015. The Regional Tribal Operations Committee (RTOC) meeting and RTOC Tribal Caucus will be held on October 26 at the Grand Sierra Resort.
You can register and find more conference information on the R9 Tribal/EPA Conference Website.
More information will be posted as we approach the conference date. If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Gilbert Pasqua (email@example.com) or Mariela L. Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FY 2015 General Assistance Program (GAP) Grant Funding Announcement
EPA, Region 9, is requesting Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP) grant proposals from federally recognized tribal governments and intertribal consortia for FY2016 work plan program development activities.
Full Announcement »
EPA Finalizes Approval of Air Quality Regulations
See full details for Gila River Indian Community air action »
Final Report: Increasing Recycling and Related Green Business Opportunities for Northern Nevada Tribes | Full Story »
- Green Purchasing and Practices Guide for Tribal Governments (PDF) (2 pp, 50K)
- Tribal Lead Education and Outreach Program (PDF) (32 pp, 232K)
- OECA/OPP Tribal Pesticide Program Guidance —
Cover Letter from Directors of EPA's Ofice of Compliance & EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs to EPA Pesticide Divison Directors (PDF) (2 pp, 242K)
- Tribal Pesticide Grant Guidance 2011 (PDF) (14 pp, 3.0M)
- Clean Air Compliance Guide for Indian Country (PDF) (1 pp, 91K)
- Clean Air Compliance Requirements for Air Pollution Sources for Indian Country (PDF) (3 pp, 421K)
- Fillable GAP workplan tool (Word Document)
(1 pg, 54K)
- EPA Policy on Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribes (PDF) (10 pp, 200K)
- Climate Change, Tribes Consultation Strategy | Projects
- Tribal Solid Waste Successes
- EPA Region 9 Approach to Consultation with Tribal Governments Regarding Non-Enforcement Related Matters
This document was adopted October 25, 2005 and has not been updated to reflect the current EPA Policy on Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribes, May 4, 2011.
- Cal/EPA Policy Memorandum (PDF) (Expired 10/19/09) (6 pp, 400K)
Public Service Announcements
Fight Childhood Asthma (MP3 audio files)
2nd Hand Smoke: