Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Thunderbolt Engineering, Long Beach
- I-710 Corridor
Initiative - Home
- Café Camellia
- M-Star Gas
- Target Service
- Iglesia Cristiana
- Eagle Industries
- Currently an owner-occupied residence and vehicle storage area.
- Previously, sewage installation and backhoe service activities were conducted on-site.
- A gasoline UST was removed from the property in 1990. Soil samples taken during the tank removal confirmed the presence of petroleum-contaminated soils beneath the property, which has limited the possible reuse options for the property.
- EPA’s TBA Program conducted a field investigation to fully evaluate any remaining contamination and pave the way for a reuse of the property that is economically-productive.
- The property is located within the City’s North Long Beach Project Area, and the property owner plans to reuse the property for a light, sustainable industrial activity that will benefit the community.
|Region 9 NewsroomRegion 9 Programs||Grants & Funding US-Mexico Border||Media Center Careers||About Region 9A-Z Index|