Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
|Pretreatment Quick Finder|
|NPDES Home Pretreatment Home||Compliance & Enforcement Discharger Information||Awards Local Limits||Program Implementation Contacts|
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Adobe Reader.
This page contains information concerning regulatory requirements and guidance useful to municipalities and dischargers in complying with pretreatment requirements, and in the implementation of the pretreatment program.
- Statistics Concerning Grab Sampling (PDF) (18 pp, 872K, )
- Program Development Permit Conditions (PDF) (5 pp, 140K, )
- Program Implementation Permit Conditions (PDF) (3 pp, 98K )
Municipalities develop and enforce local limits to:
- Ensure their municipal wastewater treatment plants comply with environmental standards
- Safeguard worker health and safety
- Protect wastewater collection and treatment physical assests including collection pipes and pump stations
Local limits reflect site-specific conditions including the number and types of industry, businesses and other non-domestic sources in a municipality's service area.
- Local Limits Guidance Manual (PDF) (134 pp, 2.2MB )
- PRELIM Program (EXE 340 KB, save to your computer's hard drive)
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About EPA Pacific SouthwestA-Z Index|