EPA-Expo-Box (A Toolbox for Exposure Assessors)
EPA’s EXPOsure toolBOX (EPA-Expo-Box) was developed by the Office of Research and Development, National Center for Environmental Assessment, as a compendium of exposure assessment tools that links to exposure assessment guidance, databases, models, key references, and related resources. The toolbox provides a variety of exposure assessment resources organized into 6 Tool Sets, each containing a series of modules (as shown in the table below). The site allows you to navigate through the toolbox from different starting points, depending on your specific needs.
EPA-Expo-Box provides a side bar on the right side of the homepage with questions and answers, recent additions, and related links. The search box on the Homepage allows you to search for relevant tools by selecting key words or topics.
Another component of EPA-Expo-Box is the Exposure Factors module that was designed to improve the accessibility and usability of data from the Exposure Factors Handbook: 2011 Edition. The module contains the following key features:
- A link to a full list of recommended values in a downloadable Excel spreadsheet
- A complete list of all available exposure factors, organized by route of exposure, including:
- Highlights and recommendations for that factor
- Full bookmarked chapters of the Exposure Factors Handbook: 2011 Edition
- Nearly 300 individual data tables in downloadable Excel spreadsheet format
- About 800 references that can be accessed via EPA’s Health and Environmental Research Online (HERO) database
- Links to relevant sources of related information
- Search capabilities that allow you to identify relevant sections of the Exposure Factors Handbook: 2011 Edition and select from among 800 data tables by selecting key search terms