SmartWay Transport Partnership
Next Multi-modal Tool is Due
June 27, 2014
Calendar of SmartWay Due Dates
For a full calendar of all SmartWay Partner important dates, such as due dates and events, click here.
Joining SmartWay is as Easy as 1, 2, 3:
There are three steps to joining SmartWay as a multi-modal carrier partner:
- Review the Multi-modal Tool Guidance Documents which provide step-by-step guidance on completing your Tool submission.
- Download and Complete your Multi-modal Tool by entering your data fleet-level activity and operations data into the Multi-Modal Carrier Tool.
- Send your completed Tool to SmartWay for approval.
That's it! Once you are approved as a SmartWay Partner, you will be listed on the SmartWay website and your customers will be able to find you in the carrier data files.
NOTE: To remain a SmartWay Partner in good standing, you MUST submit a new tool every year.
"You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more."
Ready to jump right in? Before downloading the Multi-modal Tool, take time to review the getting started guide, which includes a copy of the partnership agreement*.
- Multi-modal Partner 2.0.12 Tool: Quick Start Guide 2012 Data Year - United States Version (PDF) (30 pp, 670K, EPA-420-B-13-027, June 2013)
Need more detailed information? The Multi-modal Carrier Tool Data Entry and Troubleshooting guide provides screen-by-screen, step-by-step
- Multi-modal Partner 2.0.12 Tool: Data Entry and Troubleshooting Guide 2012 Data Year - United States Version( PDF) (74 pp, 3.3M, EPA-420-B-13-028 , June 2013 )
Download your Multi-modal Tool, complete all fields, and submit for evaluation and approval.
DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: To download the tool, you need to SAVE the file to a folder.
To save, right click the link above or the button to the left and select "Save Target As" in Microsoft Explorer or "Save Link As" in Mozilla Firefox. Opening the file in the browser instead of saving will ender some features unavailable.
SUBMITTING YOUR TOOL: Please follow the instructions in the tool for saving your file, then submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation.
*Note: EPA cannot provide technical support for preparing files for importing. Please work with your internal IT department to make sure data files are set up properly for import.
Download an example of the multimodal tool (XLS) (11.4M)
Performance Ranking Information
NOTE: You need to SAVE the file to a folder. To save, right click the link above and select "Save Target As" in Microsoft Explorer or "Save Link As" in Mozilla Firefox. Opening the file in the browser instead of saving will render some features unavailable.
The file is refreshed every Monday. (For reference purposes only)
ANNUAL UPDATES: As a Multi-modal Carrier Partner, you agree to update your tool data and submit a new tool annually.