SmartWay Transport Partnership
2013 Truck Carrier Tool Due Dates
Group 1 Truck Carrier Tools Due on March 4, 2013
Group 2 Truck Carrier Tools Due on April 15, 2013
Group 3 Truck Carrier Tools Due on May 20, 2013
Calendar of SmartWay Due Dates
For a full calendar of all SmartWay Partner important dates, such as due dates and events, click here.
Joining SmartWay is as Easy as 1, 2, 3:
There are three steps to joining SmartWay as a Truck Carrier Partner:
- Review the Truck Carrier Tool Guidance Documents which provide step-by-step guidance on completing your Tool submission.
- Download and Complete your Truck Carrier Tool by entering your data fleet-level activity and operations data into the Truck Carrier Tool.
- Send your completed Tool to SmartWay for approval.
That's it! Once you are approved as a SmartWay Partner, you will be listed on the SmartWay website and your customers will be able to find you in the carrier data files.
NOTE: To remain a SmartWay Partner in good standing, you MUST submit a new tool every year.
"You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more."
Ready to jump right in? Before downloading the Truck Carrier Tool, take time to review the getting started guide, which includes a copy of the partnership agreement*.
- Truck Carrier Partner 2.0.12 Tool: Quick Start Guide 2012 Data Year - United States Version (PDF) (EPA-420-B-13-001, 59 pp, 1MB)
Need more detailed information? The Truck Carrier Tool Data Entry and Troubleshooting guide provides screen-by-screen, step-by-step
- Truck Carrier Partner 2.0.12 Tool: Data Entry and Troubleshooting Guide 2012 Data Year - United States Version (PDF) (EPA-420-B-13-002, 111 pp, 4.67MB)
Data Collection Worksheets:
The first step to becoming a SmartWay Partner is collecting your data. The data collection worksheets below will help you get prepared for your Tool submission and make data entry easier. You can download the complete set or select individual worksheets to help with specific sections of the tool.
- Truck Carrier Tool-Worksheets, All (PDF) (744 K, 30 pp)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 1-US-Canada-Information (PDF) (180 K, 1 page)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet2- Company-Contact (PDF) (76 K, 1 page)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet3 -Fleet-Characterization (PDF) (86 K, 1 page)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 4-Fleet-Information (PDF) (96 K, 2 pp)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 5a-Model-Year-Class (PDF) (117 K, 3 pp)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 5b-Activity-Data (PDF) (77 K, 2 pp)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 5c-Activity-Biodiesel-Ethanol (PDF) (64 K, 1 page)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 5d-Payload-Volume (PDF) (230 K, 12 pp)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 5e-Road-Speed-Idle (PDF) (89 K, 1 page)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 5f-Diesel-PM (PDF) (89 K, 1 page)
- Truck Carrier-Worksheet 5g-Port-Drayage-Data (PDF) (84 K, 1 page)
Download your Truck Carrier Tool, complete all fields, and submit for evaluation and approval.
DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: To download the tool, you need to SAVE the file to a folder.
To save, right click the link above or the button to the left and select "Save Target As" in Microsoft Explorer or "Save Link As" in Mozilla Firefox. Opening the file in the browser instead of saving will render some features unavailable.
To submit your Tool to EPA, follow the instructions in section 8 of the Tool for preparing and saving your file, then submit via email to email@example.com for evaluation.
REMEMBER: To maintain your status as a SmartWay Truck Carrier in good standing, you will need to update your data and resubmit a Truck Carrier Tool each year.
Performance Ranking Information
This spreadsheet contains the latest list of SmartWay Carrier Partners ranked by performance levels.
NOTE: You need to SAVE the file to a folder. To save, right click the link above and select "Save Target As" in Microsoft Explorer or "Save Link As" in Mozilla Firefox. Opening the file in the browser instead of saving will render some features unavailable.
The file is refreshed every Monday afternoon. (For reference purposes only)
Technical Documentation for the Tool
Looking for behind-the-scenes technical details about the Truck Carrier Tool?
Truck Carrier Partner 2.0.12 Tool: Technical Documentation 2012 Data Year - United States Version (PDF) (EPA-420-B-13-003, 114 pp, 2.31M)
- Upcoming Events and Webinars
- Logo Guidelines
- General SmartWay Publications
- Marketing Resources
- SmartWay Verified Technologies
- SmartWay-Designated Tractors and Trailers
- Drayage (Dray) Truck Program
Publications for Truck Carriers
- How SmartWay Benefits Small Fleets (PDF) (2pp, 558K, EPA420-F-13-012, February 2013)
- Freight Carrier Strategies Overview (PDF) (2 pp, 92K, EPA420-F-10-052, May 2010)
- SmartWay and Small Business: Fact Sheet (PDF) (1pp, 134K, EPA420-F-13-013, February 2013)
- Wide-based Tires (PDF) (1 p, 156K, EPA 420-F-04-004, May 2010)
- Weight Reduction (PDF) (1 p, 105K, EPA 420-F-09-043, May 2010)
- Low-Viscosity Lubricants (PDF) (2 pp, 151K, EPA 420-F-12-076, November 2012)
- Reducing Highway Speed (PDF) (1 p, 103K, EPA 420-F-04-007, May 2010)
- Driver Training (PDF) 1 p, 102K, EPA 420-F-04-008, May 2010)
- Idle Reduction (PDF) (1 p, 153K, EPA 420-F-04-009, May 2010)
- Automatic Tire Inflation Systems (PDF) (1 p, 103K, EPA 420-F-0-033, May 2010)
- Improved Freight Logistics (PDF) (1 p, 103K, EPA 420-F-00-037, May 2010)
- Improved Aerodynamics (PDF) (1 p, 109K, EPA 420-F-04-012, May 2010)
- Hybrid Power Train Technology (PDF) (1 p, 106K, EPA 420-F-03-025, May 2010)
- Longer Combination Vehicles (PDF) (1 p, 133K, EPA 420-F-10-053, May 2010)
- Intermodal Shipping (PDF) (1 p, 105K, EPA 420-F-09-039, May 2010)
- Maintaining Proper Tire Inflation Pressure (2 pp, 108K, EPA 420-F-11-005, February 2011)