Resources and Multimedia
This page provides links to additional resources for information on stratospheric ozone science, research, monitoring, and data, as well as links to multimedia resources such as videos and animation. For topic-specific related links, please visit these pages:
- Basic Information on Ozone Layer Depletion
- Current State of the Ozone Layer
- Health and Environmental Impacts of Ozone Layer Depletion
This section includes links to domestic and international organizations that perform stratospheric ozone research, ozone depletion related measurement and monitoring, and other sources of stratospheric ozone science information.
- UNEP Ozone Secretariat
- The Secretariat for the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer and for the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
- NOAA Climate Monitoring and Diagnostics Laboratory
- CMDL includes several programs to measure important atmospheric characteristics.
- NOAA Stratospheric Ozone Monitoring and Research
- Includes data, measurements, and frequently asked questions from NOAA.
- NOAA Climate Prediction Center Products: Stratosphere
- Current satellite ozone maps; UV index bulletin; TOVS data, images.
- NASA Ozone Hole Watch
- Satellite instruments monitor the ozone layer. Images, data and information updated daily.
- Online Papers at CEISN
- This site provides the full text of an enormous number of papers on ozone depletion, including the original paper on the ozone hole.
- Stratospheric Ozone Science Frequently Asked Questions by Dr. Robert Parson from the University of Colorado
- This set of questions and answers provides carefully cited information. It goes into considerable detail and provides numerous references to original research.
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Global Atmosphere Watch
- Includes information about WMO’s atmospheric monitoring and research.
- British Antarctic Survey Ozone Hole Research
- Information about the Antarctic Ozone Hole from the organization that discovered it.
- Halogen Occultation Experiment (HALOE)
- Vertical profiles of various trace gases relevant to ozone depletion such as water vapor and HF.
- World Ozone and Ultraviolet Radiation Data Centre
- Operated by Environment Canada, this Centre is a part of the World Meteorological Organization. Current and time series graphs of ozone and UV radiation over Canada and North America are also available.
- EPA's Ultraviolet Monitoring Program
- EPA operates and maintains a network of Brewer spectrophotometers throughout the United States, measuring full-sky spectrally-resolved solar radiation in the UV-B and UV-A bands. Visitors can create graphs of daily UV and ozone levels and download the data.
- NASA's TOMS (Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer) Multimedia Files: Ozone Depletion Movies, Graphics, and Original Data
- This site is full of useful data and information. Download original ozone level data and see movies and graphics of ozone depletion and the Antarctic ozone hole. The site also lets you find the ozone level over your house!
- Ozone Hole Tour
- This tour was put together by members of the Centre for Atmospheric Science at the University of Cambridge, UK. It features text, graphics, and movies.
- Forecast Earth
- Two minute movies summarizing the science and effects of ozone depletion created through a partnership between EPA and The Weather Channel.
- Ozone Recovery Video (20 MB, Quicktime Movie)
- A short QuickTime video clip showing the expected timeline of ozone recovery, courtesy of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.