State and Local Climate and Energy Program
The information in this section is organized according to activities that states typically undertake in the process of developing and implementing a state climate change mitigation strategy. Each topical page includes basic information, possible approaches, and links to additional resources.
- Developing a GHG Inventory
- Identifying and Evaluating Policy Options
- Designing and Implementing Programs
- Choosing a Clean Energy Financing Program
- Leading by Example in Government Operations
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Determining Policy and Program Impacts
- Assisting Local Governments
For information about specific types of climate change mitigation and adaptation options, visit the Topics section of the website.