State and Local Climate and Energy Program
Understanding State Greenhouse Gas and Electricity Profiles
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Developing a GHG Inventory
- Identifying and Evaluating Policy Options
- Designing and Implementing Programs
- Exploring State Climate and Clean Energy Actions
- Choosing a Clean Energy Financing Program
- Understanding State Greenhouse Gas and Electricity Profiles
- Leading by Example in Government Operations
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Determining Policy and Program Impacts
- Assisting Local Governments
- Change Risks and State Adaptation
Understanding past greenhouse gas emissions and electricity supply and demand can help states create a forecast of what electricity supply and demand and emissions is expected to look like in the absence of additional policies. This forecast helps states understand how their electricity and emissions patterns are expected to change and provides a baseline to measure against when they are analyzing and implementing policies.
- Examine past estimates of state energy-related emissions to understand trends.
- Learn more about state data reported to EPA's Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- Develop a detailed forecast of energy supply and demand (PDF) (32 pp, 1.05 MB)
- Develop a statewide greenhouse gas inventory and projection to quantify your state's emissions and set a baseline for future reductions.
- Review a sampling of recent statewide greenhouse gas inventories that are regularly updated