Joining SunWise is Easy!
You may register for SunWise if you are:
- An educator of at least 10 students in grades K - 8 (such as a teacher or a school nurse)
- A single classroom, a school, or an entire school district
- A student teacher, an afterschool educator, a teacher trainer, a university professor, a camp counselor, or other group or individual working with at least 10 students in grades K-8
- A 501(c)(3) organization (such as a science center or camp, children's museum, or scouting group)
- County and state health, recreation, or education departments
To become a SunWise School, you must adopt at least one of the following SunWise activities:
- Cross-curricular classroom lessons
- UV measurement and reporting on the Internet
- School infrastructure enhancements (school policy changes and/or sun-protection structures)
- Community outreach (inviting guest speakers and forming business partnerships)
- School-wide sun safety activities (school assemblies or other programs)
Ready to join?
We hope you will agree to fulfill the participation requirements. When you register, we will send you, free of charge, everything you need to get started, including a SunWise teacher Tool Kit.
After implementing the SunWise program, we invite you to complete a program evaluation survey. Your feedback about the usefulness of the educational materials helps improve the SunWise program.