- The Proposal Selection process is now complete. Lead presenters have been notified of the decision of the Selection Subcommittee.
- Instead of a Poster Session this year, we will be doing an Eco Café. For more details please visit the Eco Café page.
- The room block at the Sheraton is now open. For information on how to make your hotel reservations, please visit the Hotel page.
- Registration will open in late-May.
The U.S. EPA Community Involvement Training Conference was held annually from 1998-2007 in various locations throughout the United States. In 2007, the conference moved to a two-year cycle. The last conference was held July 2013 in Boston, MA. The conference caters to EPA staff, as well as Agency stakeholders and partners, who plan and implement environmental community involvement and public communication, education, and stewardship programs. Attendees gain an opportunity to learn from and share experiences with each other, as well as hear and learn from other stakeholders through:
- Classroom-style training
- Case studies
- Panel sessions
- Group discussions
- Information sharing
- Interactive exercises
- Field trips
- Networking opportunities
- Poster and multimedia presentations
The conference also provides a platform for all parties to discuss successes, obstacles, and lessons learned, as well as an opportunity to cultivate cross-program/cross-agency relationships.