- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
- JOIN US ONLINE! Limited on-line streaming for select sessions will be available. Registration for on-line streaming will launch in early June on this website.
- Interested in presenting a poster or a technology demonstration? Please visit the poster presentations & technology demonstrations page!
- Interested in presenting an exhibit? Please visit the exhibit page!
The U.S. EPA Community Involvement Training Conference was held annually from 1998-2007 in various locations throughout the United States. As of 2007, the conference moved to a two year cycle.The last conference was held July 2011 in Arlington, VA. The conference provides EPA staff, as well as Agency stakeholders and partners, who plan and implement environmental community involvement and public communication, education and stewardship programs. Attendees gain an opportunity to learn from and share experiences with each other, as well as hear and learn from other stakeholders involved in such programs through:
- classroom-style training
- case studies
- panel sessions
- group discussions
- information sharing
- interactive exercises
- field trips
- networking opportunities
- poster and multimedia presentations
The conference also provides a platform for all parties to discuss successes, obstacles and lessons learned, as well as an opportunity to cultivate cross-program/cross-agency relationships.