- Fact Sheets
- TAG Application Package
- TAG Recipient Manual
- Capacity-building Assistance for TAG Recipients
- Regulations and References
- This fact sheet describes the Technical Assistance Grants (TAG) Program.
- Provides instructions to TAG applicants for incorporating Environmental Results outputs and outcomes in TAG applications, and to TAG recipient groups for reporting on Environmental Results outputs and outcomes in quarterly progress reports.
- This fact sheet provides an overview of the financial, reporting, and record-keeping responsibilities involved in managing a Technical Assistance Grant.
- This fact sheet provides an outline of some of the questions often asked by TAG recipients about finding and choosing a technical advisor.
TAG Application Package
Superfund Technical Assistance Grant (TAG) Application Forms with Instructions
Instructions (Part 1) (PDF) (28pp, 2.36MB) | Instructions (Part 2) (PDF) (26pp, 8.21MB) | Blank Forms (PDF) (33pp, 633KB)
- This publication provides detailed instructions and the blank forms you need to apply for a TAG. You also can find these forms at www.epa.gov/ogd/forms/forms.htm.
**Includes updated forms and instructions for including a DUNS identification number on SF 424, which now is required for all federal assistance applications. (Organizations can receive a DUNS number at no cost by calling the dedicated toll-free DUNS Number request line at 1-866-705-5711.) Be sure to download ALL THREE PARTS of the document. Note: Contact your Regional TAG Coordinator before filling out a TAG application.
- This document provides an example of how to construct a TAG letter of intent.
Superfund TAG Recipient Manual
- The Superfund TAG Recipient Manual provides detailed information and tools for managing your TAG. This information has been organized into nine separate sections that are easy to download.
- Of course, you should continue to work closely with your EPA project officer/regional TAG coordinator and follow the requirements specified in your approved TAG agreement to ensure you meet all TAG requirements.
- Now Available:
Section 1: Overview and First Steps (PDF) (12pp, 373KB)
Section 2: Tracking TAG Activities and Finances (PDF) (16pp, 818KB)
Section 3: Reporting Requirements (PDF) (20pp, 295KB)
Section 4: Procurement—Spending TAG Funds (PDF) (33pp, 416KB)
Section 5: Requesting Payment (12pp, 374KB)
Section 6: Changing, Extending, or Ending Your TAG (12pp, 442KB)
Section 7: TAG Enforcement, Termination, and Your Right to Appeal (4pp, 147KB)
Section 8: Blank Forms (PDF)* (20pp, 890KB)
Section 9: Blank Worksheets and Other Tools (PDF) (7pp, 392KB)
- *Note: Blank forms also are available for download at: http://www.epa.gov/ogd/forms/forms.htm
Capacity-building Assistance for TAG Recipients
TAG recipients can become members of organizations, both nonprofit and for-profit, which provide capacity-building assistance and the required membership fees may be reimbursed by the TAG grant. These organizations can assist TAG recipients by developing ways to increase membership in the TAG group, formulating strategies to build the capacity of the TAG organization, providing assistance in reaching the broader community impacted by a given site or by connecting the TAG recipient with similar community organizations across the country. TAG recipients should work closely with their Regional TAG Coordinators if interested in this additional resource.
Regulations and References
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA or the Agency) published the final rule for the Technical Assistance Grant (TAG) Program under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 (CERCLA) on October 2, 2000. This rule is EPA's regulation for the TAG program.
- These are EPA's general regulations for recipients of EPA grants and other EPA grants for nonprofit organizations.
- This document, Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals and Other Non-Profit Organizations, outline government-wide requirements for grants to non-profit organizations, including EPA TAGs.
- This document, Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations, establishes principles for determining cost of grants, contracts and other agreements with non-profit organizations.