Superfund Sediment Resource Center
|ACCESSING SSRC FOR ASSISTANCE|
Federal Project Managers
When requesting assistance from SSRC, please provide your name, affiliation, telephone and e-mail, the name and location of the site and indicate the cleanup program under which the site is being addressed (e.g., Superfund), and a complete description of the support requested.
State Project Managers
Please contact your EPA regional counterparts to request assistance from SSRC.
Level and Duration of Effort
The level of effort for most requests is expected to be less than 40 hours, and response turnaround times are typically less than 30 days. For requests requiring greater level of effort, the region may provide additional funding to complete the effort.
The Superfund Sediment Resource Center (SSRC) is designed to assist EPA staff with site-specific technical issues related to the characterization and cleanup of contaminated sediment sites. Areas of focus for the SSRC include:
- Site characterization (data collection and evaluation)
- Use of passive samplers
- Sampling design and statistical analysis
- Geomorphology and sediment transport/stability evaluations
- Modeling (hydrodynamic, fate and transport, food chain)
- Remedy evaluation, design, and implementation (dredging, capping, monitored natural recovery (MNR), enhanced MNR, In situ amendments, confined disposal facilities, and innovative treatment technologies)
- Monitoring plan design and implementation
- About the SSRC
- Resources for Contaminated Sediment Sites
- View the Superfund Sediment Resource Center brochure (PDF) (2 pp, 174K, About PDF)
- Memorandum creating the SSRC (PDF) (3 pp, 28K, About PDF)
Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation (OSRTI) Points of Contact: