Superfund Analytical Services / Contract Laboratory Program (CLP)
- CBC01.2 - Chlorinated Biphenyl Congeners
- DLM02.2 - Dioxins and Furans
- HRSM01.1 - CBCs, CDFs, and CDDs
- ISM01.3 - Inorganics (Metals and Cyanide)
- ISM02.1 - Inorganics (Metals and Cyanide)
- SAV01.X - DRAFT Volatile Organics in Air
- SOM01.2 - Organics
- SOM02.1 - Organics
This page contains information about Contract Laboratory Program (CLP) data assessment services and tools.
- General Information
- Contract Compliance Screening Tools for Laboratories
- Data Assessment Services for Regions
- For Additional Information
The Analytical Services Branch (ASB) provides data assessment services to CLP customers through the Sample Management Office (SMO) contractor. SMO performs data assessment on laboratories' hardcopy and electronic deliverables based on contractual and technical requirements outlined in the Statement of Work (SOW), Request for Proposal (RFP), and National Functional Guidelines (NFGs) for each analytical service.
Data assessment includes the following:
- Completeness - SMO ensures that all requested data are present and consistent (based on hardcopy and/or electronic reporting requirements)
- Compliance - SMO compares the analytical Quality Control (QC) results with the SOW, method, contract, and regional validation requirements or guidelines.
- Recalculation Checks - SMO confirms laboratory reported values (e.g., sample results) by recalculating them using the instrument output data reported by the laboratory in their Electronic Data Deliverable (EDD)
- Instrument Output - SMO reviews the actual instrument outputs to ensure that the laboratory reported analytes have been correctly identified and quantified.
SMO provides various tools to facilitate the data assessment process. The data assessment process and the tools used are described below.
Contract Compliance Screening Tools for Laboratories
ASB provides contract compliance screening for laboratories through the Electronic Data Exchange and Evaluation System (EXES). EXES includes a self-inspection tool for CLP laboratories that provide an Electronic Data Deliverable (EDD) in the Staged Electronic Data Deliverable (SEDD) format. Using the EXES web-based system, laboratories upload their EDD and receive an emailed report outlining any compliance issues found in the EDD. This allows CLP laboratories to inspect the contractual completeness and compliance of their EDD prior to delivery to EPA, resulting in a more compliant deliverable for CLP customers. To access EXES, visit the SMO Portal.
Data Assessment Services for Regions
The CLP provides customers with electronic data assessment reports and spreadsheets customized to their data review needs. CLP customers may track the timeliness of their data using the Web-based Sample Delivery Group (SDG) Tracking System (STS). Customers may search for specific cases, SDGs, or contracts. Customers may also filter data to view late SDGs. To access STS, visit the SMO Portal.
For Additional Information
Any questions may be directed to Sara Goehl either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (703) 603-9097.