Superfund Analytical Services / Contract Laboratory Program (CLP)
Multi-Media, Multi-Concentration Inorganics Analysis, ISM02.0
- CBC01.2 - Chlorinated Biphenyl Congeners
- DLM02.2 - Dioxins and Furans
- HRSM01.X - DRAFT CBCs, CDFs, and OCDDs
- ISM01.3 - Inorganics (Metals and Cyanide)
- ISM02.0 - Inorganics (Metals and Cyanide)
- SAV01.X - DRAFT Volatile Organics in Air
- SOM01.2 - Organics
- SOM02.0 - Organics
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
This page contains information about the Inorganic Superfund Methods (ISM02.0) Statement of Work (SOW).
ISM02.0 defines the analytical methods for the isolation, detection, and quantitative measurement of 23 metals and cyanide in aqueous/water and soil/sediment samples, and total metals analysis in wipes. The SOW also includes Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) and Synthetic Precipitation Leaching Procedure (SPLP) leachate extraction procedures. Analyses are performed using Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES), Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Cold Vapor Atomic Absorption (CVAA), and colorimetric techniques.
ISM02.0 is a new statement of work with significant technical and reporting changes. EPA recommends a thorough review of the document.
ISM02.0 in PDF Format
Please note that ASB intends to make the following modifications to the ISM02.0 SOW:
- Exhibit B Section 2.6.2 – “The format of the PDF file should be Case Number_SDG Number_Contract Number_Submission Type.” to “The format of the PDF file should be HCD_Case Number_SDG Number_Contract Number_Submission Type."
- Exhibit B Section 1.1, Footnote 6 – “The PDF file name should be Case Number_SDG Number_Contract Number_Method.” to “The PDF file name should be PR_Case Number_SDG Number_Contract Number_Method.”
- Exhibit D Section 22.214.171.124 - Under "SA=", the second sentence will now read "is calculated by substituting the spike concentration specified in Section 126.96.36.199. for the “C” term from EQ. 3 or EQ. 4."
- Appendix A Section 1.0 – “The format for the Excel file name shall be SOW Number_Analytical Method_Preparation Method_Instrument ID_Level_Matrix.xls.” to “The format for the Excel file name shall be MDL_SOW Number_Analytical Method_Preparation Method_Instrument ID_Level_Matrix.xls.”
ISM02.0 Exhibits A-C (PDF) (104 pp, 629K) - Summary of Requirements; Reporting and Deliverables Requirements; and Target Analyte List with Contract Required Quantitation Limits
ISM02.0 Exhibit D, Parts A-E (PDF) (142 pp, 660K) - Analytical Methods
ISM02.0 Exhibits E-H (PDF) (180 pp, 1.2 MB) - Quality Assurance Monitoring Plan; Chain of Custody, Document Control and Written Standard Operating Procedures; Glossary of Terms; and Format for Electronic Data Deliverables
Additional ISM02.0 Documents
Summary of Changes: ISM01.3 to ISM02.0 (2 pp, 75K) - This document highlights the major modifications implemented in the ISM02.0 SOW.
Equations Utilized in Conjunction with ISM02.0 (9 pp, 231K) - This document provides details of equations used in SOM02.0 utilizing values reported in the Staged Electronic Data Deliverable (SEDD).
For More Information
Any questions may be directed to Shari Myer either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (703) 603-8848. For more information about SEDD, please visit the Forum on Environmental Measurements SEDD Web page. If you are having difficulty downloading or viewing files from this Web site, please contact us using the CLP Feedback Form.