Reuse Examples - Military or Other Federal Use
Military or other Federal reuse of formerly contaminated properties refers to site use to support the Federal government in Federal agency operations, training, research, or other service. Military use includes activities to support military or national security purpses. Other federal includes reuse activities for purposes other than national security.
- Fort Devens (Massachusetts) - ecological use and military use
- George Air Force Base (California) - federal prison and airport
- Naval Security Group Activity (Puerto Rico) - naval operations
- Pantex Plant (USDOE) (Texas) - high explosive components and nuclear weapons
- Port Hadlock Detachment (Washington) - naval operations
- Tinker Air Force Base (Soldier Creek/Building 3001) (Oklahoma) - air force command operations