Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) ToxFAQ
- The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) ToxFAQ is a series of summaries about hazardous substances.
- The fact sheets were developed by the ATSDR Division of Toxicology.
- Information for this series is excerpted from the ATSDR Toxicological Profiles & Public Health
Statements. Each fact sheet serves as a quick and easy-to-understand guide.
- Answers are provided to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about exposure to hazardous substances found around most hazardous waste sites and the effects of exposure on human health.
ATSDR's ToxFAQs can be found on their website. You can search for particular ToxFAQ by using the Search ToxFAQs link on the left of the page or by scrolling through the Index of ToxFAQs. For a discussion of exposure risks, refer to Chapter 1 of the Guide.
The Guide for Industrial Waste Management provides several tools to understand and assess risks potentially posed by wastes. These tools include:
- The Industrial Waste Management Evaluation Model (IWEM)
- The Industrial Waste Air Model (IWAIR)
- EPA's Composite Model for Leachate Migration with Transformation Products (EPACMTP)
- Information Collection Request (ICR) for Criteria for Classification of Solid Waste Disposal Facilities
- EPA's Waste Management Facility Siting Application (Siting Tool)