What Can You Save Today?
EPA is challenging all citizens to conserve our natural resources and save energy by committing ourselves to:
- Reduce more waste;
- Reuse and recycle more products; and
- Buy more recycled and recyclable products.
To Help You Get Started
- Reduce Your Packaging: Buy bulk or concentrated products when you can.
- Reduce Toxicity or Learn How: Recycle your batteries and use batteries with reduced mercury.
- Select Reusable Products: Sturdy, washable utensils, tableware, cloth napkins, and dishcloths can be used many times.
- Use Durable Products: Choose furniture, sports equipment, toys, and tools that will stand the test of time.
- Reuse Products: Reuse newspaper, boxes, shipping "peanuts," and "bubble wrap" to ship packages.
- Recycle Automotive Products: Take car batteries, antifreeze, and motor oil to participating recycling centers.
- Buy Products Made From Recycled Material: Many bottles, cans, cereal boxes, containers, and cartons are made from recycled material.
- Compost or Learn How: Food scraps and yard waste can become natural soil conditioners.