Use the following links to discover additional resources and information about paper recycling. These links are organized by:
- Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines (CPG): A key component of the governments buy recycled program; includes a database of recycling-content products that meet EPA recommendations.
- Municipal Solid Wastes in the United States: Facts and Figures: The latest publication describing the national waste stream, based on data collected since 1960.
- Recycling Market Development: Information about recycling market development, technical and financial assistance for recycling businesses, and the economic benefits of recycling.
- The Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) site provides guidance on purchasing environmentally preferable paper products.
US General Services Administration (GSA)
The central management agency that secures buildings, products, services, technology, and other workplace essentials needed by federal agencies.
- Environmental products overview: A variety of environmental products and services GSA offers to help federal agencies comply with federal environmental laws and regulations.
- Recycled-content products: Link to GSAs library of recycled-content products that are CPG-compliant.
The official nonpartisan organization of mayors, representing cities in the United States with populations of 30,000 or more.
- Fiber recovery study (PDF) (25 pp, 96K, about PDF): A pilot study on office paper recycling in multi-tenant buildings.
- American Forest & Paper Association: A national trade association of the forest, pulp, paper, paperboard, and wood products industry.
- Conservatree: Advice and information about recycled-content paper and environmentally friendly practices for both large- and small-scale paper purchasers.
- Environmental Paper Network: A network of environmental organizations that support socially and environmentally sustainable changes within the pulp and paper industry; various tools and resources available on site.
- Green Press Initiative (GPI): A non-profit program that works with publishers, industry stakeholders, and authors to promote paper uses that conserve natural resources and preserve endangered forests.
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI): A national trade association of the scrap recycling industry (companies that process, broker, and consume scrap commodities).
- National Recycling Coalition: A national organization of recycling professionals and advocates.
- National Solid Wastes Management Association: A trade association representing for-profit companies in North America that provide solid, hazardous, and medical waste collection, recycling, and disposal services, and/or consulting services.
- Northeast Recycling Council, Inc. (NERC): A council created for developing and improving recycling markets in the Northeastern United States.
- Paper Industry Association Council: A council of 35 allied associations representing major paper product manufacturers and providers.
- Recycle America Alliance: An alliance of recycling plants, processing facilities, and marketing services coordinated by Waste Management to offer municipalities cost-efficient, environmentally sound recycling programs.
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA): A trade association for professionals in the solid waste field which provides conferences, certifications, publications, and technical training courses.
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI): A technical association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, and converting industries.
- Earth 911: A comprehensive environmental web portal providing community-specific recycling, reuse, and disposal information.
- Pulp and Paper Online: News covering all aspects of the paper industry, including paper recycling.
- Resource Recycling: A journal about recycling and composting in North America.
- The Paper Stock Report: Independent coverage and analysis of the scrap paper recycling market, including news, trends, and prices for scrap paper