The Methods Team staff of chemists and other scientists supports these programs through such activities as:
- Developing and evaluating methods to identify and characterize wastes, environmental samples, and contaminated materials.
- Producing guidance documents and technical transfer programs to foster the development and use of innovative, cost-effective approaches (such as through PBMS) to waste and site characterization, monitoring, and remediation.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Maintaining SW-846, a multi-volume manual of EPA-approved methods and monitoring guidance.
- Fostering public outreach and communication regarding RCRA-related monitoring, such as through the annual NEMC symposium and the MICE Service.
For more information, contact:
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW (5307P)
Washington, DC 20460