- Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- EMS Basic Information
- EMS Training
- EMS Success Stories
- Waste Management Related Initiatives
Waste Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Environmental Management Systems (EMS) have emerged as an important vehicle for improving environmental performance by providing organizations with the tools to both successfully manage their environmental activities, and to manage those activities in a cost effective manner. This web site provides information pertaining to waste EMS:
- Basic Information - describes what an EMS is and what its benefits are.
- EMS 101 On-line Training - course provides an overview of EMS and how they can support environmental improvements at facilities that are subject to environmental regulations.
- EMS Success Stories - describes success stories that demonstrate the potential of EMS as a way to achieve both individual facility and national goals in the areas of municipal waste recycling, beneficial reuse, electronics recycling, and toxic chemical reduction.
- Waste Management Related Initiatives - describes EMS development in the waste management area.