You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Water Efficiency: Our Responsibility
Earth may be known as the "water planet", but even though about 70% of its surface is covered by water, less than 1% is available for human use. Water supplies are finite and we can all help protect this critical and precious resource.
Products & Partnerships
WaterSense helps people save water with a product label and tips for saving water around the house. Products carrying the WaterSense label perform well, help save money, and encourage innovation in manufacturing.
WaterSense partners with manufacturers, retailers and distributors, and utilities to bring WaterSense labeled products to the marketplace and make it easy to purchase high-performing, water-efficient products. WaterSense also partners with irrigation professionals and irrigation certification programs to promote water-efficient landscape irrigation practices.
Making a Difference
Since the program's inception in 2006, WaterSense has helped consumers save a cumulative 287 billion gallons of water and over $4.7 billion in water and energy bills.
Choose from the reports below to learn more about WaterSense program progress and achievements throughout the years:
- WaterSense 2011 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (3 pp, 4.56MB), 11"x17" (2 pp, 3.98MB) or 8.5"x11" (4 pp, 4.56MB) for printing.
- 2010 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (6 pp, 926K)
- 2009 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (6 pp, 1.1MB)
- 2008 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (4 pp, 796K)
- 2007 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (4 pp, 452K)
- 2006 Accomplishments Report (PDF) (2 pp, 1.2MB)
- Methodology and Assumptions (PDF) (3 pp, 89K)